Hockey Lives Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hockey Lives Here

NHL 2012-2013

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roster Update / Draft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reptiles420

Reptiles420

Roster Update / Draft Empty
PostSubject: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 2:15 pm

So I remember reading online somewhere that NHL 13 had released a roster update which included over 500 junior players, some of which would be available in this (2013) draft and some in the next (2014).

Some names included were WHL's Portland Winterhawks D-man Seth Jones, OHL's Erie Otters forward Connor McDavid, QMJHL's forward Stefan Matteau. I've also heard that they lost the rights to have some players in the game. I can't find a list for all of those players, but some worth noting would include Sven Baertschi (AHL Heat), Ryan Spooner (OHL Sting), Jared Knight (London), Randell (Kingston). Reading something about Yakupov being gone, placed in free agency rather than in junior? And it seems like lots more guys from AHL & Junior could be missing after this update takes place.

Anyways, my question is: Has or will this update take place in this league?

On one hand I'd like it to due to the newly created prospects, but it also means teams could lose some guys.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Reptiles420

Reptiles420

PostSubject: Re: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 3:09 pm

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/277182481843769344

If anyone has twitter they can probably find out some more info there ^ (I don't have it)

Back to top Go down
Reptiles420

Reptiles420

PostSubject: Re: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 4:18 pm

So just to update, upon inspection the update has not taken place in the league. Therefore players like Seth Jones, Jonathan Drouin, etc. are non existent when scouting.

I'm fine with it either way, just wondering if the update will (or even can be) applied before the draft?

Back to top Go down
xVx Santillo
Simulator
xVx Santillo

PostSubject: Re: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 4:45 pm

Roster updates have no effect on any GM Connected League

I've also tried making a new league with "current" roster (after downloading roster update) and still NO effect on the league

I believe GM Connected mode has the default rosters from when the game started no matter if you choose Current or Default rosters as a setting

Until EA fixes that, nothing can be done
Back to top Go down
Reptiles420

Reptiles420

PostSubject: Re: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 6:11 pm

fair enough, don't have to worry about random players going missing in that case haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster Update / Draft   Roster Update / Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roster Update / Draft
Page 1 of 1